Is the RS50 to fast for a teen? - Page 2 - Aprilia Forum: Aprilia Motorcycle Forums
Aprilia RS Forum: RS50, RS125, RS250 Discussion of the Aprilia RS50, RS125 and RS250 motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-13-2010, 10:21 PM

Good luck with the family thing !! Love my 2 to bits, tho they drive me insane at times !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 10:51 AM

Sound advice! I was inquiring for a friend, but since my wife and I are working on the family thing, I expect we'll need your advice as well
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-03-2010, 03:17 PM

Good luck with the family thing !! Love my 2 to bits, tho they drive me insane at times !!
Quotes by Celebrities
Authors of Famous Quotes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 06:26 PM

Hi! i had to fight with my mum about my aprilia rs 50.. But i finally convinced her.. manly because the aprilia rs 50 is build for an 125cc engine.. may this doesn't say anything to you but the brakes of mine are amazing.. and yes it's kind of an motorcycle, but when i look on the road i get much greater respect than scooters do..

And even though the tires has much greater grip than a casual scooter does. I have ridden many scooter's but i love it when i use bike's like the rs 50. Manly bacause i get more respect and i can keep up with the traffic 92% of accident's with motorcycle's happen with an car driver driving up to their 6.

I had this situation once, and i could escape from it because i had the power too.

I hope this cleared up it all a little, belive me it's better to have something like an motorcycle than those scoots! And again the braking is really really good, and remember it's build for a 125cc engine!
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 01:54 AM

I will say this a bike that can keep up with traffic is alot safer than a bike thats being continually taken over by bigger cars, in my eyes they are safer for everyone...

My Mum and Dad also had to put up with a son that was a bit shall we say reckless. I've ridden bikes since I was around 6ish (italjet pack 50cc was my first ever bike) and used to race a rs 125 when I was 12 til 16 (which my Mum hated) and I've fallen off quite a few times and I'm now 34.. The only time i was ever injured was on my first trials bike when I was around 10 (yamaha ty175) which only did about 40 mph, I broke my arm at a slow speed, around 5-10 mph, it was just unlucky.

But (apart from the trials bike episode) I've always worn good safety equipment, it is essential. When you own a bike chances are, even if it isn't your fault, your going to come off one day. Just be prepared for it!

A good helmet is essential...as is proper gloves and a riding jacket with armour preferrably back protection too, although back protection is more important when your top speed gets higher as when you go 'down the road' the safest way for you to be is flat on your back!
A good set of boots is also essential!!!! Many people overlook this for their kids (and themselves) and that's a really bad thing, your ankle will be the first thing to snap if you come off with the bike on top of you!

I've always worn a good pair of proper motorcycle boots (work boots are pointless) make sure you've got good protection round the back of the ankle. I even have crash bobbins on the top bolt of my rear sets, on every bike i own, it stops the bike crushing my leg when I come off.

If your kids are like I used to be at that age the only way they are going to learn is if they come off and teach themselves to slow down. So just make sure they are prepared!

But better they learn this lesson on a 50cc bike that does 60mph that weighs less than 100kg than a 1-2 ton car that's going to take out them and a few others!!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 04:41 PM

81Mph out of a 50...Sure.

The Aprilia RS50 are great bikes. They're not quite built for a 125 as they have many differences in brakes, frame, swingarm. But they are well kitted out for a 50.

I had a pristine 2007 RS 8 years ago. Initially it maxed out at about 50, but finding that too dangerous I put a bigger sprocket on it so it would keep up with traffic at 60. But I only cruised at 40.

Modified ones might see 80, but it would take forever to get there.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-02-2016, 08:25 PM

You can may be set a rev limiter so that you could set the ideal speed for your child or replace the gearing to move the power band from high to mid and low. This have been done by my neighbor, he bought a set of sprockets from 4 wheel online, just don't know what combination it was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Aprilia Forum: Aprilia Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page