Pivoting Bar Risers for the RX50/SX50 - Aprilia Forum: Aprilia Motorcycle Forums
Aprilia RS Forum: RS50, RS125, RS250 Discussion of the Aprilia RS50, RS125 and RS250 motorcycles.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Pivoting Bar Risers for the RX50/SX50

Also applicable to the Derbi Senda X-Treme SM 50/R 50, and Gilera SMT 50/RCR 50.

One of the main issues with these bikes designed around microscopic engines is shorter frame dimensions than typical 125cc and upwards motorcycles, resulting in a forced cramped ride position. Aftermarket footrests or adapters designed to re-position footrests rearwards are still not available on the market. The only resort is pivoting handlebar risers which allow riders to adjust handlebar positioning to suit their own skeletal dimensions. In my case... moving the bars further forward.

I trail ride frequently on my SX50 - converted to an RX80' this cramped ride positioning issue is further exacerbated while standing on the footrests over rough terrain. Rox Speed Fx risers often receive container ship loads of hype reviews etc.. so i settled on their 2" pivoting risers for the 2007 SX50/RX50's 1 1/8" stem clamps, product code: 1R-P2PP

No wiring or cables needed re-routing' if your bike is fitted with aftermarket handlebars with a higher rise than the OEM bars' then reverting to lower rise bars may be needed for enough cable length etc.. left side of my bike's OEM bars were bent upward and backward by one the previous owners. The internal bar diameter was also too small for hand guard installation hardware, so i splashed out on Pro Taper Contour's in Sir Ricky Carmichael's bend with the following specs...

Width: 800
Height: 77
Rise: 40
Clamp Area: 195
Sweep: 55
Control: 180

Trials motorcycles are designed for riders standing on the footrests 100% of the time' footrests, gear levers and rear brake pedals are mounted much farther back than typical trail and enduro machines.

If your bike uses the fork top clamp with 7/8" clamps the you will have 2 options to choose from:
Product code: 1R-P2SSN for using 7/8" handlebars
Product code: 1R-P2SE for either 7/8" or converting to 1 1/8" handlebars. However' these cost more money than the standard 7/8" version.

Rox Speed Fx Risers cons:

#1) Extortionately overpriced for the simple design and purpose they serve.
#2) I would prefer if these risers were manufactured as a single piece' so that aligning everything up during installation would be less faffing about. Also' handlebar material is more likely to bend easier in hard crashes due to this.
#3) Moving the bars further towards the fork stems changes a bikes' geometry, spoils the handling and stability.

Here's a few informative videos...

Last year i installed some non-pivoting risers' shortly after... realized they also moved the bars rearward

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals

Last edited by MacGuyver; 02-12-2017 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Updated pic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Aprilia Forum: Aprilia Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page