Help please! My new RS 125 is dying!! >_<
Hi guys, I am new here so I hope I am not doing anything wrong...
I live in Australia and I have recently bought a new RS 125 (Feb09) as my first bike. I know it is not the perfect first bike to learn riding on but I love the 2 strokes and it was a decision that I have made after testing a few other 250s. However, I heard that the RS125 can be a bit sensitive and eventually failed if not looked after properly, that's why I forked out extra money from my savings and bought myself a brand new one, hoping that at least I will be looked after with the warranty.
Well, the bike died after the first 200kms. It would start at all so I called the dealer and they took my bike in for a check up. It happened to be a dead sparkplug, so they replaced the sparkplug which I had to pay for and the bike was fine. For a while. Another 200ish kms the bike died again. I replaced the sparkplug myself and it was fine again. Before my 1000kms first service, I had gone through 4 sparkplugs at least.
When I query the workshop from where I bought my bike, the mechanic told me that I wasn't riding the bike properly. I will have to constantly rev it even at low speed or else it will kill the spark plug. Also, the mechanic told me to put in cheap fuels (91RON) instead of premium petrol. He said that premium petrol (ie: 98RON) is too dense for a 2 stroke and it will again, fail the spark plug.
The bike felt really good after its first service but then again, 200kms later, it died. It started to hesitate to rev higher than 6000rpm, especially in low gears and few days ago it wouldn't even start anymore. Got the dealer to tow it away, again, they replaced the spark plug and told me everything was fine with the bike. They even charged me $90 for doing the check up simply because they found nothing wrong with it! Got the bike back 2 days ago and last night it died again. I am so sick of all these but I can't do anything... especially when I don't know what's wrong with the bike exactly.
So guys, if anyone can think of any possible reasons why my plug keeps dying, please let me know. Also, I wonder if I am using the wrong plug? The workshop gave me BR9EGs and I did query about the BR10EG but the mechanic said that would just be a waste of money. By the way, all RS 125s in Australia shouldn't be restricted in case someone asked.
Also, what kind of petrol do you guys put in? 91, 95 or 98RON?
Sorry for such a long message and thanks for spending time reading this...