2000 Falco. new Clutch/ Still Slipping. Help?? - Aprilia Forum: Aprilia Motorcycle Forums
Aprilia SL1000 Falco Forum Discussion of all years of the Aprilia SL1000 Falco.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

2000 Falco. new Clutch/ Still Slipping. Help??

Just got a 2000 falco as i could not resist the twin thud no longer.... New clutch fitted but its still slipping when ya give it the beans???? This aint right surely????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

Cool

Overwhelmed by the replies.......

The clutch seems to have beeded its-self in nicely now.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-29-2014, 10:04 AM

Clutch slippage 2001 Falco 1000

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I'm experiencing the same problem. The clutches were slipping on my wife's Falco 1000, and I bought a Barnett kit, along with the updated pressure plate per the website's instructions. The old clutches did not look bad, but I went ahead and installed the kit along with updated pressure plate. Still experiencing clutch slippage. I completely drained/flushed the clutch master/slave reservoirs, and it helped marginally. A friend who is a motorcycle tech (more accomplished than I, who consider myself to be a moderately skilled bike tech) suggested that the actuating rod may have gotten some burs/corrosion, and might be hanging up. Or also that the slave or master was hanging up in such a way as to be putting slight pressure on the rod, thereby acting as if a rider were applying slight pressure to the clutch lever.

I'm still working on the bike, but before I go to the trouble and expense of shotgunning the hydraulic system with new clutch master and slave cylinders, I'd like to know how many miles you rode before your Aprilia started to act right. If it is just a matter of riding it a little that's no problem. Thanks!

Chuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Aprilia Forum: Aprilia Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page