Special Oil Filter = Performance Gain? - Aprilia Forum: Aprilia Motorcycle Forums
Oil and Lube Discuss all of your Oil and Lube issues within this Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Question Special Oil Filter = Performance Gain?

My RS4 125 needs an oil change at 300km (It's at 180km now, will take a few weeks for that last 120km I think), probably a full service too, wondering if its easy enough that I can do it myself. Want to buy a KN-563 (which fits according to K&N), or another alternative if it comes highly reccomended, hopefully the thing will last a long time, be re-useable, ect.

Will there be any performance gain at all? Or is that more to do with the oil itself? Which I assume I'll need to buy anyway, wondering if anyone knows what Aprilia are using atm, or what they've been using themselves (this is a 4-stroke just in case you're not familiar with the RS4 125).

Also, do I have to get expensive special tools? Like something to hold the bike still while I remove the oil filter? I can't find any specialty air filters either, I'm hoping they exist, just aren't explicitly labeled for my bike's model or something like that (willing to get out the tape measure).

Anything else I'd need to do for a full service? If it's too much work I'll take it back to the store, just thought it might be a bit of fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Also, with the oil selection, SAE 5W -40 (by Eni i-ride Moto PG), is what the manufacturer reccomends, I'm hoping this is a 'minimum' and that I can chose to use special/better oil, that will improve potentially power and/or life of the engine, atleast not reducing either one whilst improving atleast one of them. Any reccomendations? Sometimes this forum seems like a ghost town.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 12:44 AM

I think what is important is that the oil filter will surely do its job and secondary would be performance gain. Oem filter will do much more practical to use as long as you replace regularly. Another thing I would be better if you make your first change oil with the dealer due to warranty issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Aprilia Forum: Aprilia Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page