VIN Number help!!! - Aprilia Forum: Aprilia Motorcycle Forums
Other Aprilia Motorcycles Discussion of any Aprilia motorcycles that do not have their own forum section.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 07-25-2011, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

VIN Number help!!!

I have just brought a bike from ebay, im having a few issues

When i brought it, the seller said that the V5 was with this, the bike came with a spare frame.

On the V5, the VIN number is actually only 8 digits long, on looking on the bike, the only number i can find is on the right hand of the steering collum and says

APRILIA FM 02954397

this is the only number on the frame

On the spare Frame, it has engraved on the right hand steering collum

S2S0Z EST 010M 02164128

on the sticker also on the right hand side of the frame, it also has no VIN listed, it just states

Aprilia SPA
VIA G GALILEI 1
13.5 KW
NOA E Italy
EU-DGM

Does anyone have any idea why the frame and the bike has no 17 digit VIN, and if this was normal for the 1991 futura 125?

the reason why i am asking is because the V5 that came with the bike, actually has the VIN listed as the frame number for the 'FRAME' that came with the bike,

not the frame that the bike is actually using!! so a nightmare, as i need the VIN to find out the bikes details from aprilia. I know i can register the bike without this as the DVLA will appoint a Q plated registration, but i dont want to lose the bikes history. I know there must be a way to get the VIN, Aprilia italy, whom i have spoken to, say the VIN is in the place i am looking, but the 8 digit number i believe is the engine number??

Also does anyone know of an AF1 1991 workshop manual in pdf format to download or a cheap one to buy?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Aprilia Forum: Aprilia Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page