new pegaso owner - Aprilia Forum: Aprilia Motorcycle Forums
Other Aprilia Motorcycles Discussion of any Aprilia motorcycles that do not have their own forum section.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

new pegaso owner

hello, Iam a new pegaso cube owner and am curious about engine temps- gauge shows common 80-110c degrees, fan works , neighbors infrared meter shows coolant tubes 150-180F degrees, coolant is above max in overflow reservoir, does this sound ok?? Thanks p.s max on temp gauge is 120c
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 02:44 AM

A whole lot of people swear by the Rotella 15W40 oil. You can go to just about any motorcycle forum and do a search on oil and you'll see what I mean. Personally I use Valvoline motorcycle oil in my bike though.

Here is an eye opening link about the different kinds of oils that are good for motorcycles. Read the whole thing if you have time, it's not that long. The author is a chemist from Houston.
__________________________________________________ _____
Jewish Dating Authority personalized wedding favors
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2011, 12:01 AM

PIG (pegaso)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakec64 View Post
hello, Iam a new pegaso cube owner and am curious about engine temps- gauge shows common 80-110c degrees, fan works , neighbors infrared meter shows coolant tubes 150-180F degrees, coolant is above max in overflow reservoir, does this sound ok?? Thanks p.s max on temp gauge is 120c
G'day
I have a similar problem with my PIG 650 cube. I found that maybe it is a leaking radiator cap because the system seems to lose pressure, that is, it doesn't seem to circulate back into the radiator from the expansion reservoir. Also I found to keep the reservoir to about 75% full & radiator full, temp guage then hovers between 70 - 80 degrees. We did a 3000km ride & no worries
My mate has a 2003 pegaso he has no problems at all always sits between 70 - 80 & his fan never comes on!!
If engine is getting too hot you will feel heat on your right leg while riding. The PIGS don't like to be idling they need to keep moving to keep cool
GOOD LUCK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 05:30 PM

They aye the luckiest person who owned that expensive toys...

"no women, no cry "
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Aprilia Forum: Aprilia Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page